SUMMARY OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about visitors to our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as products and services you have ordered through our Website.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you, navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other technologies.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or requesting services or support through our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us, including through the “Contact Us” page of our Website,
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders for products, services, and support. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Information you provide when you apply for a job through our website.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve and administer our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Measure what pages and features are accessed by our visitors
We use certain technologies and third party services, such as cookies and Google Analytics, to collect and analyze this information, and to make your interactions with the Website easy and meaningful. When you visit the Website, our servers may send a cookie to your computer or other operating device. The cookie is placed on your hard drive or other operating device, and it assigns your computer or operating device a unique, random number that acts as a sort of anonymous ID. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you; rather, a cookie identifies the computer or operating device used to access the Website. Unless you choose to identify yourself to us, such as by logging-in to your account or filling out a web form, you remain anonymous to us when browsing the Website.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable the acceptance of cookies at any time by changing the preferences in your browser. Most browsers also allow you to change the settings to require that the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie. Please refer to your browser for information on how to disable and control cookies. Information about managing cookies in commonly used browsers is available online from www.allaboutcookies.org. If you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you will be able to browse the Website, but you may not be able to successfully use certain features of the Website.
The technologies we and these third party services use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Browser Cookies. We may use browser cookies or similar files or scripts throughout our Website to enhance your convenience in using our Website, to improve search functionality, or to hold information that you would otherwise need to re-key. Browser cookies are text files collected by a user’s web browser. If you do not wish to accept cookies from our web site, you may configure your web browser so that it does not accept cookies, as described above; however, in such case you may lose certain functions available on our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Leupold, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Our use of Google Analytics. When you visit our Website, Google Analytics may automatically collect information from you through the use of Google’s analytics IDs, and Google provides some of this information to us in aggregate and anonymized form. An analytics ID is a specific string of numbers and letters (often called a “character string”) that is assigned to your computer or device but does not name you. The analytics ID allows Google to track usage data of a website, such as date and time of visit, duration of visit, website traffic patterns, “clickstreams,” other similar information about how visitors use a website, the type of web browser used, the operating system/platform a visitor uses, IP address, the websites that referred or linked a user to a website, and your CPU speed. Google Analytics provides information about the use of our Website to us in aggregate form (i.e., data about many Website users combined and not just about you). Some of this data might include the regional location or city of Website users, but again, this data will be in aggregate (and not individual) form. Google Analytics also provides data anonymization features which Leupold enables for its use of Google Analytics on the Website. We might use information we receive from Google Analytics to learn how users are using the Website in general, and to improve the Website. We will not receive the analytics ID assigned to your computer or device that you use to access and use the Website.
In general we do not collect personal Information automatically, although in some jurisdictions some elements of automatically collected information may be considered personal information. Further, in some instances we may tie this automatically collected information to personal information about you. For example, we link IP addresses to personally identifiable information submitted to verify whether a visitor has opted in to receiving additional information from Leupold.
You may withdraw previously provided consent, either for personal information you provided directly to us or which is automatically collected, by sending us a request through the privacy contact form which can be found in the Contact Us section of the Website.
The Website does not track your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services, and so does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals. As described below, the Website may contain links to other websites not owned or operated by Leupold. These websites may set cookies that obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the Website from a certain IP address. These websites are not authorized to collect any other personal information from the Website unless you provide it to them directly.
Customer Reviews provided to us by third party services. We use third party service providers to aggregate customer ratings and reviews from multiple third party websites, which also syndicate them. Information on the third party service providers used by this Website can be obtained by sending us a request through the privacy contact form found in the Contact Us section of the Website.
If you would like to have a customer review you have provided removed from the Website, please send us a request through the privacy contact form found in the Contact Us section of the Website Please provide sufficient information to allow us to identify the Customer Reviews that you wish to have removed. To remove your Customer Reviews, we may require evidence confirming that you are in fact the author of such Customer Reviews. Please note that, if we delete your Customer Reviews from the Website, copies of your Customer Reviews may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide registered users, notices about your Website account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, and to take steps at your request prior to your entering into a contract with us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- As necessary for compliance with any law, order, or other legal obligation to which we are subject.
- To protect the vital interests of you or any other individual.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your information to send you messages about goods and services that may be of interest to you, if you have consented to receiving such messages. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you can send a request to unsubscribe from receiving further marketing communications through the privacy contact form located in the Contact Us section of the Website.
We may disclose aggregated information about our customers and Website users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Leupold, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- To a buyer or successor in interest in the event Leupold is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring, or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of its assets or business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings in which personal information of users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The personal information collected through this Website is retained for the period necessary to meet the relevant business purposes for which we’ve collected it. To determine the appropriate length of time for storing your personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the purpose(s) for which we process the information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, along with the applicable tax, legal, accounting, or other reporting requirements.
If you are a registered user, you can review and change some of your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. Registered users may also send us a note using the privacy contact form located in the Contact Us section of the Website to request access to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Some of your personal information cannot be deleted by us except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In some instances, and as discussed in greater detail below, residents of certain jurisdictions may have additional rights with regard to their personal information.
We maintain commercially reasonable procedures and technology designed to prevent unauthorized access to the personal information you provide to us. This Website has reasonable technical and organizational security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those security measures. Although we cannot guarantee that our systems are completely secure all of the time, we periodically update and test the adequacy of the processes and technologies, used to protect our customer’s and other individual’s personal information.
We do not send e-mails to customers requesting billing, login, or password information. If you receive an e-mail purporting to be from Leupold that asks you to provide personal or account information, or login and passwords, do not provide such information unless you have first verified that the web site or e-mail is from Leupold & Stevens. Such e-mails may be fraudulent and used in connection with scams known as phishing. We asks that you report any suspicious e-mails or web sites to us.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
Where required by applicable data protection laws, we will only use your personal information where we have a lawful basis to do so. In such cases, we generally process personal information either to perform a contract for requested services with you, or for our legitimate interests. We also use the information we collect or are provided for the following purposes:
- For our legitimate interests: To improve Website performance and user experience, we use the information provided to us, as well as automatically-collected information, to analyze trends and statistics, as well as to update and improve our Website and the services and features that we provide. We also use this information to generally run the Website and for internal operations, including to help diagnose problems with the Website, in order to provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service. In some cases we may use this information for certain marketing purposes.
- To comply with our legal obligations: In certain situations we may disclose the information provided to us, as well as automatically-collected information, to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory or government agency, court, or other third party if (i) we believe we are legally obligated to do so, including under applicable data protection laws, (ii) we believe disclosure is necessary to protect, establish, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or (iii) we believe disclosure is necessary to help prevent fraudulent or criminal activity, or to protect you, our customers, third parties, or our employees, property, or business.
- With your consent: If you request to be put on our promotional mailing list, or otherwise provide your consent to receive marketing messages from us, we may use the information you voluntarily provide to us, as well as automatically-collected information, to send you announcements and other materials from time-to-time.
- know the categories of personal information collected about you, including:
- specific pieces of personal information collected;
- the categories of sources from which we collected personal information;
- the purposes for which we use the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information;
- the categories of information that we sell or disclose to third parties
- access a copy of the personal information held about you
- rectify any incorrect or incomplete personal information we hold about you
- delete, restrict or remove the personal information we hold about you
- transfer the personal information we hold about you to another party
- object to any further processing of your personal information; or
- object to the sale of your personal information (Leupold does not currently sell your personal information).
We will attempt to respond to your requests within one month and free of charge. Please note that with regard to all these rights, we reserve the right to:
- refuse your request based on the exemptions set out in the applicable data protection laws;
- request for proof of your ID to process the request or request further information;
- charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any repetitive, manifestly unfounded, or excessive requests.
If we refuse your request to exercise any of these rights, we will give reasons for our refusal and allow you to challenge our decision. If we have shared your personal information with others, if required by applicable law, we will tell them about your request to rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing or sale where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal information so that you can contact them directly.
Your California Privacy Rights
Please note that Leupold does not sell or disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Notwithstanding the above, if you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third-parties. Specifically, California law provides you the right to submit a request to us through our “Contact Us” section of the Website to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third-parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of third-parties that received such information; and
- if the nature of a third-parties’ business cannot be reasonably determined from the third-parties’ name, examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we are in possession of personal information collected from a child under the age of 16, we will immediately delete that information from our systems.